The Registration Regulation requires that all applicants seeking a General certificate of registration with the College of Midwives of Ontario College must have a degree from a Midwifery Education Program, have completed the International Midwifery Pre-registration Program, or be applying as an inter-provincial applicant.
All applicants must also:
1. Meet the current clinical experience requirements set out in the Registration Regulation.
2. Complete the qualifying examination
3. Have proof of training in Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR), Obstetrical Emergency Skills (ES), and Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP)
4. Completion of the College’s Jurisprudence Course
5. Demonstrate Good Character
6. Have demonstrated reasonable fluency in either French or English
7. Be legally entitled to work as a midwife in Canada
8. Have arranged professional liability insurance
All applicants can expect that the College will process their application within a reasonable time frame.