Registration Panels for Initial Application
The Registration Committee considers referrals from the Registrar of applications for registration that do not meet the requirements set out in the Registration Regulation. A panel of the Registration Committee can consider requests to approve terms, conditions, and limitations agreed to by the applicant and the Registrar, or may negotiate its own agreement with the applicant for terms, conditions, or limitations.
When an application is referred to the Registration Committee, the panel must consider the application and any submissions provided by the applicant. The panel then has power to make one of the following orders:
- Directing the Registrar to issue a certificate of registration.
- Directing the Registrar to issue a certificate of registration if the applicant successfully completes examinations set or approved by the panel.
- Directing the Registrar to issue a certificate of registration if the applicant successfully completes additional training specified by the panel.
- Directing the Registrar to impose specified terms, conditions, and limitations on a certificate of registration of the applicant and specifying a limitation on the applicant’s right to apply to vary those terms.
- Directing the Registrar to refuse to issue a certificate of registration.
A panel cannot register an applicant who has not met a registration requirement, unless the requirement is non‐exemptible.
Appealing a Registration Committee Panel Decision
The Health Professions Appeal and Review Board (HPARB) is an independent adjudicative agency and an integral component of the self-regulating health profession system in Ontario. It is responsible for conducting complaint and registration reviews and hearings concerning the Registration, Accreditation and Inquiries, Complaints, and Reports Committee decisions of 28 self-regulated health professions in Ontario.
On request, HPARB conducts reviews and hearings of orders of the Registration Committees of the Colleges. You can read more HPARB’s Registration-Information-Sheet here. HPARB also reviews decisions made by the Inquiries, Complaints and Reports Committees of the self-regulating health professions Colleges in Ontario.
Contact information for the Board:
Health Professions Appeal and Review Board
151 Bloor Street West, 9thFloor
Toronto ON M5S 2T5
Telephone: (416) 327-8512
Facsimile: (416) 327-8524
You can read about other Registration Committee panels and their processes here.
Schedule for Registration Panels in 2019 Registration Panel Meeting Schedule and Submission Deadlines Deadline for Submissions from Applicant Date Written Decision is issued by the Panel
January – December 2019
Deadline for Meeting Materials
to be sent to Panel
Registration Panel Meeting Schedule and Submission Deadlines
Deadline for Submissions from Applicant
Date Written Decision is issued by the Panel