Call for non-council committee appointments
September 24, 2018
The College of Midwives of Ontario is seeking applications for appointment as a non-Council committee member to its statutory committees.
In accordance with the College’s General By-laws, a person who is not a member of the Council is eligible for appointment to a Committee or working group, if on the date of the appointment, the meet the eligibility criteria determined by the Council.
The eligibility criteria at this time is as follows:
- the Member holds a certificate of registration other than a certificate in the Transitional class
- the Member is not in default of payment of any fees prescribed by College by-law;
- the Member is not the subject of any disciplinary or incapacity proceeding;
- the Member has not been the subject of any professional misconduct, incompetence or incapacity finding in the preceding three (3) years;
- the Member’s certificate of registration has not been revoked or suspended in the preceding six (6) years for any reason other than non-payment of fees;
- the Member’s certificate of registration is not subject to a term, condition, or limitation imposed by either the Discipline Committee or the Fitness to Practice Committee;
- the Member has not been director, board member, officer or employee of the Association of Ontario Midwives or the Canadian Association of Midwives in the previous 12 months.
- the Member has not been a director, board member or owner of a midwifery educational institution in the previous 12 months.
- the Member has not been disqualified from Council within the preceding three (3) years; Member is not a member of a council of any other college regulated under the RHPA;
- the Member is not an employee of the College;
- the Member is not in any default of returning any required form or information to the College; and
- the Member principally practice or principally reside in Ontario.
In addition, as noted in the College’s Non-Council Committee Appointments policy, the Council may take the following into consideration when appointing non-council members to committees:
- Demographics (e.g., geographic location in the province and size of practice)
- Client experience (applicant has experience with midwifery care service)
- Years of practice in Ontario
- Professional competencies
The College is also committed to creating space and access for members of marginalized communities to participate in the governance work of its statutory committees. If you self-identify as a member of an equity seeking group, we encourage your application.
Interested applicants must submit the following items:
- Letter of interest
- Current curriculum vitae
- Application and Eligibility Form
- Expression of Interest Form (included in the above application form)
The number of committee meetings and panels held per year varies depending on the committee (committee terms of reference can be found here); time commitments are outlined here. Non-council members are compensated for their time and reimbursed for expenses.
If you have any questions about the application process or eligibility requirements, please contact the Council Coordinator, Zahra Grant at email@example.com or 416.640.2252 ext. 227. Forms are to be submitted by mail 21 St. Clair Ave E Suite 303 or email at firstname.lastname@example.org by November 1, 2018.Tags: accountability, committees, council, midwife, midwives, transparency