July 22, 2019
Note: This article was originally published in our Summer 2019 edition of our On Call newsletter, and has not been updated.
Your continuing competencies must be current on October 1 in order to successfully renew your registration for 2019-2020.
competencies in Neonatal Resuscitation, Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation and
Emergency Skills are due on October
1, 2019. These continuing competencies must be current on
October 1 and are required in order to complete registration renewal. Members holding
Inactive class registration with the College are not required to submit
continuing competencies with registration renewal.
All training completed after October 1, 2018, must be in accordance with the College’s list of approved continuing competency courses. You can find that list here. Courses completed prior to October 1, 2018, which were previously accepted by the College, will still be accepted by the College until they expire, every one or two years, as per the Registration Regulation. Prior to the renewal portal opening, the College recommends practising members review the status of each of their continuing competency courses, proof of completion documents and cards as well as expiry dates. Members should make arrangements to have all continuing competencies up to date and in order by the October 1, 2019, renewal deadline.
you have completed an approved Basic Life Support (BLS) or CPR Healthcare
Provider course, and your card expires one year or three years from the
completion date, the College will accept this certification for two years, in
accordance with the Registration Regulation, from the initial completion
Members may upload continuing competency completion documents to the online Member Portal at any time or with their registration renewal prior to October 1, 2019. Emailed completion documents will not be accepted.
What courses can I take to fulfil my continuing competency requirements?
The Continuing Competency Requirements and Approved Courses may be reviewed here.
How can I upload my continuing competency requirements?
- Scan and save each continuing competency proof separately in a legible PDF file in your computer directory. Note: Your name, the course name, and the completion date must be visible on the evidence of continuing competency.
- For each continuing competency, click the CHOOSE FILE tab (bottom left of the screen).
- Locate the file in your computer directory and select OPEN.
- The file name (in blue) will appear underneath the CHOOSE FILE tab.
- Click SAVE, which will add the continuing competency to the list on file with the College.