Important Information for Renewal 2020
June 17, 2020
Given the circumstances surrounding the COVID-19 pandemic and a lack of availability of continuing competency courses since March 2020, for renewal 2020-2021, practising members will be required to provide satisfactory evidence of training in Neonatal Resuscitation (NRP) to the College no later than October 1, 2020. Evidence of training in Emergency Skills (ES) and Cardiopulmonary Resuscitation (CPR) for registration renewal 2020-2021 will not be required.
Members holding Inactive class registration with the College are not required to submit any evidence of continuing competencies for registration renewal.
Satisfactory evidence of NRP consists of having one of the following:
- Valid NRP card uploaded to the Member Portal. Valid means your certification has not expired as of October 1, 2020.
- An NRP card that expired a year or less than one year ago uploaded to the Member Portal.
- An NRP card that expired more than a year ago and you can confirm that since October 1, 2019, you have:
- reviewed relevant materials, textbooks, and guidelines related to neonatal emergency skills;
- discussed and practised responses to hypothetical neonatal emergency case scenarios and practised hypothetical neonatal emergencies with one or more members of the College, who meet one of the following:
- who successfully renewed their registration with the College for 2019-2020;
- who changed class from Inactive to General and was not required to sign an Acknowledgement and Undertaking; or
- who became registered to practise with the College since October 1, 2019.
Please note that members will be expected to provide evidence to support completion of option three.
NRP instructors are required to provide both evidence of having taught a course within the past 12 months and evidence of being an instructor. If an instructor is not able to provide this evidence, then the instructor must complete option three above.
Beyond these changes to the continuing competency requirements, all other requirements for renewal 2020-2021 remain the same. Members are still required to report for QAP and active practice. More information about the QAP, including requirements, reporting and exemptions can be found here.
Prepare to Renew Early! Renewal information and online access will be available from August 1, 2020. The College encourages members to renew in August as it will allow for your renewal application to be reviewed by College staff and for you to be notified to amend any discrepancies before the October 1, 2020, deadline. Any renewals received in September may not receive the same attention by College staff in advance of the deadline.
The 2020-2021 renewal fees are $2,600 for the General/Supervised Practice class and $1,169 for the Inactive class. The two permitted instalment amounts will be communicated to members in August.
For renewal 2021-2022, all practising members will be required to show current evidence of NRP, ES and CPR in accordance with the College’s Continuing Competency Requirements and Approved Courses.
If you have any questions, or need further clarification, please email:
firstname.lastname@example.org or email@example.com.