College policies (program and operational) are necessary tools to describe, in greater detail, issues set out in legislation, regulation or by-laws. Policies alone are not legally binding.
All College program policies (including governance policies) are approved by the Council of the College, except for the operational policies that are approved by the Registrar.
- Criminal Record Screening Policy (Note: The College’s Good Character Guide can be read with this policy.)
- New Registrants Policy
- Requalification Program Approval and Registrar Authorization Policy
As policies are rescinded, they will be archived here.
Rescinded as of December 11, 2019
Rescinded as of June 26, 2019
Rescinded as of December 12, 2018
Rescinded as of November 1, 2018
Rescinded as of October 11, 2018
Rescinded as of October 1, 2018
The Policy on Continuing Competencies was in effect for registration renewal 2018. Members will need to meet the newly approved course requirements when they are next due to complete training.
For example, if a member completed an online CPR course for renewal 2018, the member must complete a new course by October 1, 2020, in order to be in compliance with the registration requirements.
Registration Policies Rescinded as of March 1, 2018
- Supervision Plan for International Midwifery Pre-registration Program Applicants
- Information on the Registration Process
- Clinical Midwifery Experience Requirements for Registration in Ontario
- Acceptable Supporting Documentation
- Processing Registration Applications
- Referral of a Registration Application to a Registration Committee Panel
- Information on Appeal Rights
- Retention of Registration Application Records
- Access to Registration Applicant Records
- Accommodation of Special Needs
- College of Midwives of Ontario International Midwifery Pre-registration Program Relationship